Last Updated: November 13, 2019
Thanks for visiting effx! effx is a platform for modern engineering teams to better understand and operate their complex infrastructure.
Information you give us directly
We collect information that you voluntarily provide in the following ways:
• Filling in forms on our website, including requesting a demo or contacting our sales team;
• Registering for an event or webinar, signing up to receive our newsletter, subscribing to our blog, or completing a survey;
• Purchasing a subscription to our Platform;
• Creating an account;
• Emailing us to ask a question or requesting customer service;
• Communicating with us via a third-party social media site;
• Scanning your badge or otherwise leaving your details with us at a trade show or other marketing event; and
• Applying to work with us.
The type of information we collect in these situations may include your name, company name, job title, industry, skills and expertise, email address, and other contact information. If you register for an account we ask that you supply us with a password and provide us (or our payment processor) with billing information, such as payment card information, banking information, and a billing address. If you talk with our customer experience team via chat, email, or telephone or communicate with us through a third-party social media site, we may collect the contents of your communications which can include any information you choose to provide. Likewise, if you apply to work with us, we will collect any information you choose to share with us in your application.
Information we collect automatically when you use our Services
We also collect certain information automatically as you navigate our Services. This can include the following:
• Information about the devices you use to access our Services (including your IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
• The address of the web page visited before and after using our Services,
• Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits);
• Search terms used to reach our Services; and
• Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Services).
We also integrate third-party analytics tools into our Services to help us analyze how people use our Services. These companies collect and use information in accordance with their own privacy policies and may combine the information they collect in connection with effx’s Services with information they have independently collected over time and across websites. The third-party analytics companies that operate in our services are Google Analytics and Amplitude.
• Google Analytics is a web analytics service that we use to track and monitor traffic on our website. For more information on the privacy practices of Google Analytics, please click here.
• Amplitude is an analytics services that we use to visualize and track usage within our app via a randomly-generated unique user ID. For more information on Amplitude’s privacy practices, please click here.
Information we collect from other sources
• Payment Processors: In general, when you purchase a subscription, your payment card information is provided directly to our third-party payment processor and effx does not collect or store that information. However, in some circumstances we may receive limited information about your payment card from our payment processor, such as the last four digits of your card, the country of issuance, and the expiration date.
• Third Party Services: Our Platform allows Customers to enable a variety of Third-Party Services in their Platform. Once enabled, the provider of a Third-Party Service may share certain information with effx such as the username and email address associated with that Customer on the Third-Party Service as well as additional information that the provider has chosen to make available to effx to facilitate the integration. Customers should check the privacy settings and privacy policies of these Third Party Services to understand what information may be shared with effx.
• Event Partners: We may also receive information about you from our event partners. For instance, if you attend a trade show or an event which we sponsor, the organizer may provide us with your name and contact information in accordance with the disclosure they made to you so that we can reach out to you to discuss our products and services.
We use the information described above to:
• Determine whether to enter into a business relationship with you;
• Provide you with Platform services if you are or become a Customer of effx, including creating your effx account and identifying you when you sign-in to your account;
• Operate and improve our Services, including monitoring and analyzing usage, trends, and activities related to the Services;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors;
• Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events we offer and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Improve our educational, networking, marketing, social, and recruitment strategies;
• Assess job applicants and make hiring decisions;
• Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to misuse of our Services or other unlawful behavior; and
• Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We may share information about you with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
• Companies under common control: We may share data between and among any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership with effx.
• Vendors and service providers: We may share personal data with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf, such as providing cloud-hosting or cloud-storage services.
• Business transfers: We may share personal data with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider.
• Legal requirements: We may share personal data when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect effx’s rights and property, to protect the safety of our Site visitors and Customers, and to defend against legal liability.
• Consent: We may share personal data with third parties with your consent and at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information.
• Analytics: We may share data with third-party analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website.
• Event Partners: We may share your data with our event partners who may contact you for their own direct advertising and marketing purposes. For instance, if you consent to have your attendee badge scanned by an exhibitor at an event we host, we may, on occasion provide your data to that exhibitor so that they may follow up with you. We may also share lists of attendees at our events with exhibitors. In that case, the exhibitors’ use of your information would be subject to the exhibitors’ privacy policies.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
• Legitimate interest: In most cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
o Providing the Services pursuant to our contract with our Customers
o Protecting our Customers, personnel, and property
o Analyzing and improving our business
o Processing job or other applications
o Addressing legal and ethical issues
• Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
• To honor our contractual commitments to an individual: Some of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to the individual to whom the personal data pertains.
• Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of implied or express consent. For instance, in relation to direct marketing, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned.
Where we act as a processor of personal data on behalf of a Customer, we process the personal data pursuant to our contract with the Customer.
You have a variety of rights and choices related to our use of your personal data.
• Opting out of email marketing: You can opt-out of receiving our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt-out of receiving such communications, please note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as emails related to our business relationship or emails about changes to our legal terms).
• Restricting cookies/Do Not Track: effx does not change its behavior in response to web browser “do not track” signals. However, you can configure most browsers to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you a chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can consult the help section of your browser to find out how to do this. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
• Update, Supplement, or Delete Your Information: Customers may access, update, or change personal data they have provided by logging into the Services or emailing us at email@example.com. Subject to the terms of their agreements with us, Customers may also delete their accounts by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may keep certain personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also keep cached archived copies of personal information for a certain period of time. If you are an employee of a Customer and would like to access, modify, or delete your personal information within effx Services, you should contact your employer. If you are not a Customer and would like to review, correct, or delete your information, please contact us at email@example.com
• Data Requests: In some instances you may be eligible to request that we provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal data we hold about you; ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased; object to our processing of your personal data; request that we restrict certain processing; transfer your personal data to a third party; or honor your withdrawal of consent for certain processing of your personal data. We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interest or to comply with a legal obligation. Before responding to your request, we may require that you provide us with additional information to confirm your identity. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to your situation. However, we invite you to contact us with any concern, as we would be happy to try to resolve it directly.
Our Services are intended for adults and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your client under the age of 13 (or a higher age threshold where applicable) has given us personal data without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
effx uses generally accepted administrative, physical, and technical safeguards we believe are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet and storing information electronically. effx cannot and does not guarantee absolute security.
We may change our privacy practices from time to time. If we do so, we will update this policy, post it on our website, and indicate when it was last revised. You are advised to review this policy periodically to stay informed of our practices. If we make material changes, we may provide you with additional notice, such as posting a statement on our homepage or sending you an email notification.
You may also reach us at effx inc. 185 Clara St. Suite 102E San Francisco, CA 94107.